Welcome to 4K & 5K
- vary greatly in height and weight
- have increased motor activity; may appear restless even when seated
- have a short attention span
- coordination is not yet fully developed
- fine motor skills continue to develop; cutting is a skill that still needs practice
- reading skills are emerging
- enjoy boisterous play
- enjoy dress-up, fantasy stories, and puppet plays
- show-and-tell is often a favorite activity
- typically get along well with all classmates
- begin to understand rules, the concepts of winning and losing, and working together
- have difficulty losing; often will walk away from a team game and pout when losing; often view the teacher as always right
- often play best with friends in pairs rather than in large groups
Take a peek at a day in the life of our 4K students!
Meet Our Teachers!