Few fun facts about hot lunch...
- Did you know that when we serve a hot vegetable on the menu that it is fresh (NOT canned) and steamed right before lunch?
- Yes! We do so that the vegetable keeps the nutrients in it. The children then get the best and most nutrients out of the vegetable.
- Every day along with the hot lunch option the children get a fresh garden bar (fresh fruit and vegetables) choices include salad, and 2 other raw vegetables and a fruit.
- We would love to put on the menu "steamed glazed carrots with brown sugar and butter" or "roasted cauliflower with olive oil", but we do not have enough room. So we simply state it as glazed carrots, roasted cauliflower etc.
Healthy food equals healthy children!
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Simple Sauteed Mustard Greens
- Colby Jack & Jalapeno Yummy Mummies
- Baked Pears with Almonds
- Broiled Asparagus Spears with Lemon
- Brussel Sprouts & Cranberries
- Steak Marsala
- Roasted Kohlrabi