At St. Gabriel School, we have a comprehensive K-8 Health Education curriculum. Based on our appreciation of Catholic teaching, as well as the State of Wisconsin Model Academic Standards, health education at St. Gabriel is intended to promote healthy, life-long habits for living well.
- understand concepts related to personal health promotion and disease prevention
- practice behaviors to promote health, prevent disease, reduce health risks and honor God-given gifts and abilities
- use goal-setting and decision making skills to enhance health
- demonstrate the ability to access valid health information and services
- analyze the impact of culture, media, technology and other factors on health
- demonstrate the ability to use effective interpersonal communication skills to enhance health
- demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, school and community health