Week of February 18
Feb 19, 2019
Letter from the Principal
“Good things come to those who wait.” This is an understatement when talking about the new Education Center. The phrase should be, “Great things come to those who persevere.”
Teachers, students, parents, and guests are all thrilled to be in this beautiful building where our children, and generations to come, will receive their Catholic education. Not only do we offer a quality Catholic education - which is at the forefront of our mission and philosophy - but we are excited to provide innovative STEM education programs and activities in our new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Lab. The STEM Lab serves as a designated space to generate both inspiration and exploration as students design, experiment, build, and create. This multi-discipline approach provides students with opportunities for creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving, while adhering to the Catholic Social Teachings. Developing students with 21st Century skills is the ultimate goal. The lab will exercise curiosity, imagination, self-confidence, problem-solving skills, and collaboration. By exposing students to STEM concepts and giving them opportunities to explore these concepts, students will get the chance to develop a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math, and hopefully pursue careers in these related fields. In addition to our new school’s STEM program, St. Gabriel School has the following spiritual, academic and extracurricular opportunities to offer students in their educational and personal development:
- We partner with you in the faith formation of your children. Catholic Faith Formation is the cornerstone of our learning activities. Catholic doctrine, prayer and social teaching is integrated through religion classes and throughout the day.
- We have student lead weekly Masses
- Music, art, physical education, and Spanish classes are offered each week while health class is offered during first semester.
- Our Before and After School Learning Programs are available for all families who choose to participate.
- Extracurricular activities include: boys and girls basketball, volleyball, and track, forensics, scouts, instrument lessons, chess club, LEGO club, and community service opportunities.
St. Gabriel School graduates consistently perform at the top of their chosen high school classes. By choosing St. Gabriel School, your child will be entering the educational world with all the tools and opportunities needed for academic and personal success. If you haven’t done so already, stop in and see for yourself, why it feels like family and how it feels like home.